Hey there.. This will be a short post, I just want to share an amazing recipe with you.. You absolutely have to try it, it is healthy and yummy at the same time!
- 250g light spelt flour (plus extra for kneading)
- 1 tbsp. dry active yeast
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 25g soft butter
- 5-6 tbsp. milk
- 200g dried and chopped dates
- 100ml water + 50 ml
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 150g ground hazelnuts
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Add one after another the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir until the dough comes together.
- Knead the dough for some minutes so the gluten can develop. Now it should be smooth and elastic. Shape into a ball, place it in a bowl and cover it with a towel.
- Let rise for about 1 hour in a warm place, until doubled in size.
- Place dates in a bowl and pour 100ml water over it. Let soak it overnight.
- The next day, place the soaked dates and the remained water into a blender, add 50ml water and mix.
- In a bowl, mix ground hazelnuts, salt and cinnamon. Add the date mixture and stir until you have a smooth paste.
Roll dough on a lightly floured surface to a rectangle. Stretch it so that the rectangle becomes very thin. Then spread the filling on it and from the wreath as described here. Bake for about 25-30 minutes in a 180° C until lightly golden. Brush the warm wreath with some maple syrup. Enjoy!